Your Partner in Chemicals
Whether it's the need to have chemicals stored for just-in-time delivery, blending, or commodity/specialty chemicals, Solvents and Petroleum Service (SPS) has you covered. Since 1946, SPS has been providing chemical handling services to industries of all types across the Northeast United States. As your partner in chemicals, our mission is to provide safe, customized and efficient solutions for the handling of your dangerous goods so you can maximize productivity while retaining a safe working environment.
SPS is a regional leader in chemical distribution. Our incredible flexibility in receiving full, split, or partial bulk loads allows us to be a great partner for any company looking to manage their bulk chemicals. We deliver!! Our specialized delivery vehicles range from lift gated trucks to various sized tankers, thus giving SPS the ability to service a wide range of manufacturer's needs.
- Safe and Secure Chemical Storage
- Quantities Available in Bulk, Drum, Pallet and Totes
- Customized Supply and Distribution
- Just-in-Time Delivery
- Chemical Reengineering
- Custom Blending
- "Chemicals of Interest" Handling
- Hazardous and Non-hazardous Waste Pick-Up
Member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD)
NACD Responsible Distribution®
As a Regular Member/CHA, each company and its senior management commits to continuous improvement in the chemical distribution industry's responsible management and handling of chemicals. They pledge to operate their business in an ethically responsible manner according to the Guiding Principles and to review them in compliace with Responsible Distribution on, at least, an annual basis.
The NACD Responsible Distribution® Guiding Principles are:
1. To recognize and respond to community concerns about chemicals, their handling, use, storage, transportation, and disposal.
2. To make health, safety, security, and environmental considerations a priority in our planning for all existing and new operations, products, processes, and facilities.
3. To inform emergency response officials, employees, customers, and the public of manufacturer's information on chemical-related health and environmental hazards, and the manufacturer's recommendations on protective and remedial measures.
4. To work with customers, in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations, on product stewardship including handling, use, storage, transportation, and disposal of chemicals.
5. To protect health, safety, and security of the public, our employees, the environment, and our plants and facilities.
6. To cooperate with individuals, goverment and other interested entities in resolving problems created by handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
7. To participate with individuals, government and other interested entities in creating responsible laws, regulations, and practices to help safeguard the community, workplace, and environment.
8. To adhere to applicable local, state and national laws, rules, and regulations in respect to our handling, use, storgage, transporation, and disposal of chemicals.
9. To promote the principles and practices of Responsible Distribution by sharing experiences and offering assistance to those who handle, use, store, transport, or dispose of chemicals.